The Evolver Brake was introduced in 2000. It was called the Evolver because it was destined to change the way all U Brakes were designed. If you look at brakes before the Evolver and after, you can see that the name is applied perfectly. The Evo 2 is the natural progression of the original Evolver. It has seen constant refinement and new running changes to keep it as the standard in BMX braking. This design allows for a seemingly limitless amount of cable installation options, while remaining equally powerful as both a front OR rear wheel brake. New forge tooling was created that provides for a sleeker side profile. Arms are forged prior to machining for strength and durability. Contrary to the uneducated in metallurgy, a forged metal piece is of much higher strength than a piece machined from a block of material.
- All of the cable set screws are now flat-tipped to prevent excess damage to the cable’s inner wire. Cable lugs are smaller and use a 10mm hex head.
- Pre-lugged straddle cable is shorter.
- Front cable adapter is smaller and made of aluminum.
- Flush surfaces, with the lowest possible overall stack height.
- Front or rear wheel use.
- Redesigned brake pads.
- Two sets of springs (hard and soft for custom tension/modulation).
- Spring tension indicators (easy set up).
- Newly designed straddle hanger.